Monday, June 26, 2006

The Robertson House

As I have already told, the Robertson House is a house full of trainees. All together, there are 14 beds, distributed among 6 rooms. There is only one single room, which belongs to Simon, an American guy. Originally he is from China. His room is in the ground floor. The entrance hall is used as the sitting-room as well. It is furnished with a couch, but which is completely worn out. There is also the kitchen and one bath room, including a toilet. In the kitchen is also a washing machine. In the first floor, there are three rooms. In the first room Ricardo, a Mexican and Martin, a Dutch are living. In the next room are living Caesar, who is also Mexican, Mata, a German girl and Zhenia, who is from Canada. In the next room are living Alex and Brendon. On the opposite side of their room, is my room, which I share with Damien from Switzerland and Deniz from Turkey. On the second floor are living Jaap from the Netherlands and a Swedish guy who I still haven’t got to know. His name is supposed to be Eric. I was surprised as I heard that most of them are doing a development traineeship with Aiesec and not like me a management traineeship. But as Damien told me, as for him, it is necessary to have at least basics in Business Administration. Therefore, also students of Business Administration apply for these traineeships. Furthermore, there is a balcony and a kind of terrace on the roof. Well, that´s our team for instance. But every once in a while, there are some substitutions, of course. Let´s see who is coming next.
What is quite strange, is the fact, that from 9 p.m. on one of the house keepers´ “employees” guards us. The reason for that is because, that in the past, there has been nearly every evening a party held up with approximately 50 people. And that was something, the neighbours, all Indian citizens, didn’t understand and then called for the police. The power is provided by a generator standing next to the house. Let me loose some more words to the kitchen. There are living some insects, a mouse and a dozen cockroaches for sure. In a nutshell, there is not much hygiene. But I got accustomed to that very fast. The house keeper has engaged two cleaner who clean all the rooms, tidy up and clean the dishes. In order to sweep the floor they use only a kind of bouquet of bough but no broom. This applies for the streets as well. The bathroom is furnished with a quite simple shower next to the john. There is only an indefinite thing on the ceiling which delivers water. That’s all, no basin or something like that. Strictly speaking, you enter the bathroom and you stand already under the shower. I don`t have to mention, that the bathroom as well isn` t in good shape. Especially on the ceiling and at the walls you will find a lot of stains. I am not sure, from where they came and in fact, I don`t want to know it.
I am bound to say, that I am quite content with my accommodation and my flat mates as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home