Wednesday, October 18, 2006

INXS in concert

I don’t know when and how exactly I noticed that a concert of INXS is going to be taken place in Bangalore. The only thing I knew about INXS down to that day was that they were more or less successful in the 80ies. But as Zarine, a friend of mine, sent me the song “Afterglow” which is part of the new album, I was eager to meet them live in concert. No sooner said than done, some days later I bought four tickets at Planet M for Deniz, Hans, Janina and me, each worth 1.200 Rupees. And after having watched a gig of INXS in television, I was looking forward to the concert and couldn’t stand it any longer. Ok, I have to admit that the CD I bought of INXS together with the tickets shortened the time to the concert considerably. At the concert, conducted at Palace Grounds in Bangalore then we were nine finally. Palace Grounds is just a part of Bangalore Palace. A stage was set up just in the middle of the ground. As we had tickets for “Front of stage”, we were very close to the musicians. The concert started at 8pm, what meant that we had to wait almost two hours due to the fact that we reached the Palace Grounds already at 6pm in order to capture the best places. But, basically that was not necessary – apart from us, let’s say, at about hundred more requested for admission. I was scared that the concert would be a flop. But finally, I would say that at about 5.000 people attended to the concert. We were a little bit disappointed that there was no concert of a sub group provided. But it is supposed to be not common in India I heard some Indians saying. The concert then was awesome. They played a lot of old songs, starting with “Suicide Blonde”, probably one of the best songs ever of INXS. Actually, I recognized only one song of the new album and that was the song “Afterglow”. As they performed that song, the mood, which was already great, even increased. As for me, I could sing the song. It was amazing like basically the whole concert was amazing. Indians jumped to some of the songs, whereas another next to me smoked a joint patiently and blew a strange smelling cloud towards I was standing. The only two things, which were missing, were beer and a shopping stall. Neither one drop of beer nor T-shirts were sold. We could have bought a glass of water what I refused. And of course I would have bought a T-shirt if it had been possible. Probably they kept the T-shirts in stock for the other concerts, which still will be performed in Europe. When you have the opportunity to attend to a concert of INXS, I can only recommend you to do it – it is a lot of fun with really good rock music of the 80ies from Australia. As for me, they convinced me completely and so I have become fan of INXS. One week after the concert I bought the best of album called “Definite”, so that I can always remember these fantastic two hours we spent at Palace Grounds on the 7th of October. To my favourite songs of INXS appertain now “Need you tonight”, “Beautiful girl”, “Mystify”, “Devil inside” and of the new album “Afterglow” and “Hot girls”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home